Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Day I'm Two!

Preston turned two this year (on June 7th) and we had so much fun celebrating his birthday. We planned a party for him at the park and had lots of people come and play. It was a big BBQ! He loves playing at the parks at Lake Elizabeth, so we decided that would be a good place to host this party. We didn't know that everyone else had that same idea, but luckily we had a great spot where we could see the kids play and enjoy the great food.

Side Story: So, we got to Lake Elizabeth and let Preston play as we got set up. I had my eye on him for a little while and thought that I knew where he was. Then, I realized I hadn't seen him in a little while. Usually this instinct comes when he is about to run away or go further then I want him to be. However, it was a little late this time. I started walking around the play area and couldn't find him. A friend started helping me look and then after we could find him she got her husband to start looking to. I was terrified! ( We loose him as soon as he turns two! What!?) Anyways, so I went and told Neil that I couldn't find him. Neil was grilling at the time and got someone else to take over so that he could help in the search. We were scared because we were at a Lake and Preston loves the water. I kept thinking that I was going to find him drowned in the lake somewhere...which didn't help the contractions I been feeling lately either. I am supposed to have low stress and this was above a 10 on the high stress scale. I kept walking around and asking people if they saw him....and nobody seemed to know anything. Finally, my friends husband spotted him being carried by a couple of Police Officers and Park Rangers. He was as happy as could be with a gold sticker. So, they brought him to Neil and then Neil came and found me. I have to say that I had to hold back to tears and try to keep myself composed. I have never felt so scared in my life and then so relieved and happy to see Preston okay. One of the men that found him said that he was near the water at a wading area and was happy to see them. He let them take him wherever...which is also scary! He has no stranger danger whatsoever.

Anyways, back to the party. After getting myself back together after loosing my son we had a great time. I always knew where Preston was and we had a great time eating hot dogs and hamburgers with everyone that came. We have some really amazing friends who are so supportive and helpful. We had cake and enjoyed the wonderful California sun.

Thanks to everyone that came! We sure are blessed by you everyday!

Since we had the party a week after Preston's real birthday we decided to do something small for his birthday day and then the big party the week later.

Here are a couple of pictures of both days (the 7th and the 15th): Enjoy!

These are a few of the small bunt cake we got for his birthday. He was so excited to see the candles, and loves chocolate cake. 


Here are pictures of the party. All the kids were so excited for cake. Preston loved it when everyone sang to him...he seems to love attention! 










We love the park and we love a good BBQ with lots of wonderful friends! 

2 comments:

  1. Losing your child even for a minute is the worst feeling. Glad he''s safe. Happy Birthday, Preston! We love you!

    ReplyDelete