Monday, May 30, 2011

Baby's Room: Shades of Blue

I have finally taken pictures of the nursery that we have put together. It now contains everything that we need, which is a nice weight off my shoulders.

Here are a few pictures of what it looks like!

This shows our nice rocking chair, with the cute little closet that is perfect for a little baby. I added a few hooks to the wall for the two nursing covers I made and his little blessing outfit.
 I put the crib right in front of the window, but then added darkening liners to the drapes so that nap time might come a little easier during the summer when its light till late.
 Here is the other wall! I painted that dresser that I got for $20, painted the lamp that I got for $4, and then made the baby wall decoration from a cheap vinyl and a cabinet front from the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. I also bought the frames for $1.25 each and painted them as well. I haven't gotten around to adding the pictures I want yet, but that will be finished this week!
 With all the different light angles the walls all look a little different, however...I have come to really love the color we chose. It is a Disney Bright Blue! I have just used a bunch of different blues as a theme, with white furniture so that we can use the furniture for any baby of any gender. I found this changing table on craigslist for $12. The bookshelf was from my Grandpa's house that I painted and put these adorable storage bins in.
Here are a few close-ups of a few things in the room:
I decided to add a few pictures of sports per Neil's request. I found a few ideas on-line and then decided to paint these. I think they turned out pretty cute.
These are the bins on the bookshelf in his room. I absolutely love the polka dots! It just adds something to the different colors of blue in the room!

 This is the baby plaque that I mentioned making earlier. I have made two of these. I have put one up in my dining room that has a family vinyl on it. This is a cheap and easy way to decorate and add something personal to a room.
Here is a close-up of the two nursing covers I made, with the little baby blessing outfit that I am in love with! 
 I decided to make a teething cover for the crib so that he doesn't chew on the edge. It matches the quilt that I have on the crib right now that my mom, sister, and I made in February when they came to visit. I love the fabric that we chose and the other fabric that is super super soft! LOVE IT!
Again I have added tons of pictures, but I can't ever seem to decide which ones I like the most, so I just end up adding more and more! Beware of longer posts when he is actually born and I can take photos of him!

2 comments:

  1. Totally love it! How did you make the teething cover for the crib? What a great idea! You are just full of super cute ideas. Too bad we don't live closer to you guys.

    ReplyDelete