Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back in Cali

Well, we are back in California a little earlier than I was expecting. Neil was scheduled to come home on Sunday night and then I was supposed to fly in on Wednesday night, however...we changed my flight since we didn't have an apartment still. We thought we had one, but we didn't feel like we were completely sold on it. I have come to learn that usually that doubt is the spirit telling you that it is not the right choice. I know that most people don't think that Heavenly Father really cares where we live, but I know that I wanted a place where I felt at home and could feel the spirit there. I wanted that confirmation that we were where we needed to be in order to serve others and learn and grow ourselves, and so the hunt continues.

Neil did still fly in on Sunday night and I flew in with Preston on Monday morning. We went right to it that day and looked and looked and looked. I was pretty depressed by the end of the day, but still felt like we could find the right place. After we were done looking we went to Jenn and Evan's place to celebrate Jenn's birthday with her family, Donna and Mike. We had a great enchilada dinner and then some amazing cake that Jenn made. We opened gifts and had a fun evening visiting with family and catching up from the holidays. We really love having family close!

How cute is this! The girls all blew out the candles together. 
 The girls were so excited to show Jenn what they got her that they had to get as close as they could to watch her open her gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment