Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Year Older

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to meeee....Happy Birthday to me. Yes, it was my birthday on Sunday. I'm not officially 26. Wow, can you believe it. I couldn't comprehend being this old when I was younger...and now I am here. I have a wonderful husband and we have an amazing little boy. I couldn't ask for more. I really did have an amazing birthday though. We had family over Sunday night to celebrate. Neil made some amazing ribs with scalloped potatoes and a green salad. Margaret made me a delicious red velvet cake for my birthday cake, which topped everything off perfectly. I felt so loved and appreciated, which was fun. I am so grateful for such a great family and such wonderful friends. Thank you so much for all you all did!

I got a wonderful cake brought to me with some lighted candles! We didn't have 26 of them to put on the table, but there were two and then six.
And they are out! It would have been embarrassing if I couldn't blow them all out in one breathe.
 Taylor and Tehya were excited to watch me open my gifts. They weren't as excited to see the results...no toys and cool coloring pages, etc. I got a 9x9 pan! Yahoo! I really did want one of these really bad.
 I got some great cards, which I have come to absolutely love. Preston gave me a great card and little gift. Love it!
 It was fun to see everyone playing together. We really don't have a big place so it was a little cramped, but fun to be together and be able to play together.
 We ended up playing a game we got for Christmas from Emily and Allen called Last Words. It was super fun actually and we are going to have to play it again soon!
All in all, I had a great birthday and couldn't ask for more. I am excited to see what happens in our lives in the coming year. Change can be hard, but it allows us to grow and I am grateful that Heavenly Father allows us to do that for so many reasons!

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a terrible sister in law. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I'm so glad you had a great day!

    Also, I love the picture of Neil and Preston in your other post. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great birthday!! It looks like you did!!

    ReplyDelete