Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet Treats

At our house food is something we love! We love our desserts, that's for sure! Even though we love sweet treats, we do usually eat really healthy. Preston can down melon like there is no tomorrow and loves smoked salmon. I don't bake nearly as much as I used to, but last week was long and hard and we seemed to be hit with one thing right after another and I thought that called for something yummy. So, I got on pinterest and searched through the recipes and found a website that adapted mixes into new desserts. I thought that sounded interesting and less time consuming, so I looked through them and tried one out.

I got the recipe here, and I made a few adjustments for mine.



Here is the recipe I made:


Birthday Cake Oreo Cookie-Stuffed Brownies topped with Marshmallows and Chocolate Bits
Makes 24 brownies
1 Box brownie mix
15-20 Double stuff Oreo's (I used the white and chocolate ones)
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or any mini chips
Preheat oven to spcified temperature on brownie box. Mix brownies according to the directions on the box. Spread half the brownie batter in prepared pan. Place Oreos on top of brownie batter (I did 3 across by 5 rows = 15 Oreos). Top with the remaining brownie batter and smooth it over the top, very slightly pushing the Oreos down with your spatula, very lightly. Be prepared to add marshmallows with only about 10 minutes left to bake and then chocolate chips with 4 minutes left.  Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until brownies are set, taking care not to overbake. (Insert a toothpick into the center of the pan, and avoid inserting it into an Oreo, to check for doneness. Toothpick may not come out entirely clean even when done because these are very fudgy brownies). Note the brownies may “puff up” quite dramatically in their final minutes of cooking and this is okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment