Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby's First Bath

We decided to bathe Preston last night. We meant to do it earlier, however...life and time got away from us. I was all ready to go with a towel out, fresh clothes, new diaper, etc. all on the counter next to the kitchen sink so that we could be quick with this whole process. I stripped him down, got his diaper off and then he was put in the sink. We filled it halfway full of warm water and then covered the bottom with a washcloth. He was a little bothered by being naked, but as soon as he hit the water he was such a happy camper! He seemed to really like it. Then, Neil got out the sprayer and Preston loved that even more! As Neil sprayed him down he opened up his arms and legs to feel the water rush on his little body. I thought this was hilarious! I wish we would have gotten a video clip of this. Next time I'll have to record his reaction to the water. I think he might be a swimmer!

Here are a few pictures of the event:
I haven't gotten many pictures with his eyes open, so I was excited about this one! He looks pretty upset I guess, but really seemed to like it all.
Isn't he so cute!
 Neil was getting the sprayer ready!
 And here we go! He lifted up both arms and made such a great face!
It's funny how things as simple as a bath are such a big deal when you are a baby, well...everything seems like a big deal. It is hard work and yet so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! I love your little Preston, too. I'm really glad things went so well for you. You're the bomb, Amber!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats guys! i cant wait until we get to bathe our first baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious!!! Congratulations, Amber!! I'm so so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete