Monday, June 20, 2011

Our First Official Father's Day

This year was Neil's first official Father's Day! Since Preston is so young and we just got home from the hospital not too long ago, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go out and get anything...however, since my mother-in-law was here we were able to go and get Neil some cuff links for a few new shirts of his that needed them. Preston wasn't awake for the gift opening, but maybe next year!

Neil really has been the cutest dad I have ever seen. I know that I am totally biased, but I have loved watching him with Preston...how he just smiles when he looks and holds him, how he holds him so carefully and softly. He talks to him as if he could understand, telling him that they will be best friends and play ball soon. I am so grateful for him and what he does for our family. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and father of Preston.

I am also so grateful for my Dad, as well as my father-in-law for what they have done to raise Neil and I and teach us so many important life lesson and for being our first hero's.

Here are a few pictures of our Father's Day:

I thought that this picture was super cute! I gave Preston the wrapped gift and he actually grabbed it! Fun!
 I thought that it was cute that in this picture it almost looks like they are looking at each other, father and son.
 Happy smiles! We are waiting for Preston to smile for the first time. Here are the cuff links we got Neil!

No comments:

Post a Comment