Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Face Full of Food

On Monday we decided to start Preston on rice cereal. He seemed really hungry after eating 7 ounces, so I decided that he could probably benefit from starting solids. I was so excited about this! We got a high chair (Thanks Aunt Kathy!) and got him and the cereal all ready to go. He wasn't sure what to think at first, but now he is starting to get the hang of things.

Here are a few pictures and a few videos:

This was a picture of Neil feeding him. He likes his hands so much it was hard to get them out of his mouth long enough to fit food in. 
 He loved playing with the spoons.
 This was his unsure face...which we got quite a bit while we were trying this new eating thing with him. haha...
 And then when we were finished this was the end result! A full baby is always a happy baby!

Here are the videos: Neil and I both feel like we sound so funny in the videos, but what can ya do...when I get around a baby I just seem to talk a little funny. Hopefully Preston appreciates it!

This was the first couple of bites he ever took! I was feeding him and Neil was recording it.

Then we switched...Neil fed him while I recorded it.

He really seems to be unsure of what he thinks of this whole eating thing. At some moments he seems to really love it and then it all of a sudden takes a turn and he seems to hate it. He has gotten much better though and is learning how to eat off the spoon instead of try to suck from it. We just started adding squash to the rice cereal. (He was getting a little backed up) He seems to really enjoy it and I am excited to see what he thinks of more vegetables soon! 

On Wednesday we had his four month appointment with the doctor. I have come to really hate shots, but understand the need for them. Also, he was weighed and measured!

Weight: 15 lbs 3 oz. (53rd percentile)
Length: 27 in. (76th percentile)

We definitely have a long baby! I thought he was a little chunky, but I guess he is average. I'm just grateful for a healthy baby that is making our life even happier! He really is growing up so fast and has just started trying to bring his legs up into his belly and crawl when he is on the ground. He moves his legs back and forth so fast, almost like he is flutter kicking behind himself awkwardly. It is the cutest thing ever. I hope to get that on video soon! 

1 comment:

  1. He did such a good job--definitely his daddy's boy. My kids usually spit most of it out their first time. I just want to squeeze those cheeks.

    ReplyDelete