Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monkeying Around

Grandpa Lyons and Margaret invited Preston and I to go with them to the Oakland Zoo last Thursday (02.23.2012). I thought that Preston would love seeing all the animals and listening to the noises they make, so I was excited to go with them. We got there and Preston saw a few animals and wasn't as interested as I thought he would be. I think he enjoyed watching all the other kids run around more than watching the different animals. It was fun though. I haven't been to a zoo in such a long time!

Here are a few pictures of our adventures:

Here is a shot of the entrance of the zoo. 
 Thanks Grandpa and Margaret for taking us to the zoo! Here they are in front of the flamingos.
 There were lots of pink flamingos right in the entrance. By the way, if you are wondering...my favorite animal just happens to be the flamingo. oh yes, you better believe it!
 The monkeys had it the best though. They were just laying here in the sun on their own little island. 
 Here we are! Preston and I were watching the elephants for quite a long time. 
 There were 4 huge elephants.
 There were quite a few giraffes too. They were in the area with several other safari animals. 

It was a fun day. After the zoo we went to an amazing restaurant and ate some delicious food. It has been fun living here in California and being able to spend time with our family here.

No comments:

Post a Comment