Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Little Mover

While we were home for Christmas Preston decided to start crawling, well...really it was more like an inch worm thing that he did to get around. I think it came from watching his cousin Jakob race to the toys. Preston really watched other kids and then seems to decide that he can do whatever they can do, especially when it means that he can have what they have. It is so cute to watch him move around in his own little way. His crawl has since changed from his inch worm moves to a full out crawl. He now moves so much faster and is starting to stand up again all the furniture he can. It often scares me. I hate it when he falls. He definitely needs a helmet of some sort since he has hit his head so many times. He has learned how to sit back on his bum though, which has changed things for now, but we'll see what happens once he starts walking!

Here are a few videos of his progress:

This is his transitional crawl. He is started here to get up on his knees and yet can't give the inch worm up. 
 Preston has also started talking quite often. He likes to talk to himself in the morning after he wakes up and is starting to form more definite sounds. Can you hear it on this video?
 This shows him crawling over to stand on the coffee table. This happens daily! 

I get so excited to see him develop, but them I get so worried when I find out what it all means. I wish I could protect him against everything, but them I realize that he needs to learn and grow...that helps him develop better than if I were to coddle him. I guess that is probably just a little piece of how Heavenly Father feels.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a big boy! He's on his way to walking. It's such a fun stage!

    ReplyDelete