Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Festivities

Easter always brings back great memories and traditions with the family. When I was talking to my Dad about this he said that I liked it so much because I started dying Easter eggs when I was only a few weeks old.(It was really mostly his doing at that age, but I am sure grateful!) As much fun as traditions are, the real reason we are able to have this holiday is because of Jesus Christ. Church was so amazing and really helped the focus remain on the Savior. It is amaing how it has changed my life to know and understand that He lives!

We had a great Easter day. It all started that morning with my husband hiding my Easter basket and me hiding his. He definitely won this game...since I couldn't find my Easter basket at all. He had to give me so many different hints! It was fun though. I guess I need to get better at hiding his basket from now on. After seeing what was in there and eating breakfast we had to hurry and get ready for church so that we wouldn't be late. We both love the music or hymns that we get to sing around Easter, so we didn't want to miss those! And once again, church was amazing. Then, we came home and got ready for Easter dinner with the Mosely's! They made a ham and rolls while we made scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and a strawberry torte like thing.

Dinner was absolutely amazing! It was fun to have another family to have a real Easter dinner with. Everything was so tasty too. Here is a picture of the dessert I made. It was made with real heavy whipping cream and some super ripe strawberries! Michelle also made a dessert that was so good. You might have to go check out what she made here. (It's her blog) Looks delicious!
After dinner and before dessert we actually were able to die Easter eggs. I don't know why, but I absolutely LOVE dying Easter eggs. I enjoy the fun designs, but also enjoy the boiled egg rewards afterwards...deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches....all good things! Anyways, here are some photos of us dying Easter eggs:
We were at the Mosley's for this Easter Extravaganza! It was so fun to hang out with them.
 Look at Neil with his cute polka dot egg in the process of getting some great color! I think he thought that I was a little crazy because to was having so much fun.
And look at mine! I copied Neil with the polka dots, but added my own twist. The colors wer really vibrant for some reason, which was great!
 And here are the ultimate results of the evening!

It was a really fun evening. We were excited for the holiday and it was so fun to be able to get the know the Mosley's better. We are so happy they have come to work at Lands' End! Go Dodgeville!

I am really grateful that we celebrate Christ this time of year. He has done so many things for us so taht we can be given the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father and have an Eternal Family. He makes everything possible for us, and it is because of his example and sacrifice. I'm so grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the eggs! Such bright and fun colors! Thanks again for coming over, we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete