Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stroller Time!

For my baby shower a bunch of women went in together for one big gift, which just so happened to be the jogging stroller that I had my eye on. Last night Neil put it all together, along with the car seat. I am so excited! It was rated really high and I can't wait to get walking and running again with my new little guy. I figured that if we had a stroller that could go anywhere and I could exercise with then I will have no excuse to lose the weight that I have gained during this pregnancy. Anyways, so after putting it together I am super anxious to use it! I almost took it outside today to see what it felt like on the "road", however...the snow that was falling prevented me from getting any further than just looking out the window. So, I just walked back and forth downstairs a little bit! So far I really love it!

Here are a few pictures of what it looks like:
We chose to go with a neutral color that we liked and green was the most available! After getting the stroller at my baby shower we went out and bought the infant car seat that goes with the stroller. The car seat actually goes from 5 lbs to 35 lbs. I was impressed with that range after looking at other car seats. Hopefully he won't be super fat and grow out of this one too fast!
 Here is a closer look at the car seat. I also got the insert at my baby shower. It helps infants fit in their car seat better and gives a little extra padding I guess. I can't believe that he is going to be fitting in their soon! How exciting!

Neil is going to install the base in the car soon so that we are prepared for anything to happen. I have discovered that often when we are prepared for the worst or with this baby...prepared in advance, then we actually are just fine. We have been pushing and often struggling to get to this point in the pregnancy, and now I am feeling better than ever! My bet is that I am going to now have to be induced because we make it all the way to 40 weeks. Life can sometimes be so ironic!

1 comment:

  1. You may use that stroller more ways than you think. One night I walked Mitchell around the living room and kitchen because he wouldn't fall asleep. Hey, whatever works!

    ReplyDelete